Thursday, March 13, 2014

50. Communion in the Hand?

(Brace yourselves for lots of fun videos!)

I know that quite some time ago I posted that it was "Jesus in you, either way." That was over a year ago. Since then, I've read a lot of information, spoken to many people, and have prayed over this a lot. I have come to the conclusion that the safest way to receive Our Lord in Communion is to receive on the tongue.

(Watch out - we've got a traditionalist over here)

Sorry not sorry.

Why? Lots of reasons, but I'm sure you like to watch videos more than read my blabbering...

Watch Gabi's videos:
Part 1

Part 2 (Kneeling! 
For those who want to take it 
another notch and are physically able)


THE WHOLE BODY, BLOOD, SOUL, AND DIVINITY OF JESUS CHRIST ARE CONTAINED IN THE SMALLEST FRAGMENT OF THE HOST AND IN THE SMALLEST DROP OF THE CONTENTS OF THE CHALICE. 

On Tuesday I saw something devastating. I was at a noon-time NO Mass where EMHC are regularly used (don't get me started on EMHCs...). One of them, a lady whom I had never seen before, was distributing Jesus in the form of the Host. After handing the ciborium back to Father, she brushed off her hands, kind of like she had been gardening, and walked away. Surely there must have been particles of the Lord on her hands, and now they were carelessly thrown on the floor!

This is something I see too often. I can hardly watch during communion at most NO parishes. I know that Jesus is being thrown on the floor. It saddens me to know that this can only mean one thing - people don't understand or love Jesus in the Eucharist.

The SOURCE AND SUMMIT of our Faith (Can 897). And people don't understand it? We have a serious problem that is in need of some serious fixing (something I will cover at a later date)... Only 30% of Catholics believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

You are not God. You are not greater than God. You are a child of God. You are a creation, He is the Eternal Creator. Do not act like you are an adult who can feed himself. You are insignificant. Humble yourself and receive on the Tongue. This is the LORD OF THE UNIVERSE. Act like it.

Another video (MUCH SHORTER!)




I love Cardinal Arinze:



That is all...

Leave any comments below! Thanks for reading/watching the multitude of linked videos....

+ Pactum Serva

God bless!

~SSWW




No comments:

Post a Comment