Thursday, April 26, 2012

7. Leaving Eden

Notice: We have left Eden.

In my US History course, we have a weekly 'current events' assignment. Today, when reporting on our current events, every one was about a tragedy. The debris washing up on shores of the Americas from the tsunami in Japan over a year ago. Special education children being assaulted. Women being raped in Africa. People committing fraud to pay for their weddings. The list goes on and on. Not a single happy story was reported. 

On the way home from work today, I drove past a small mobile home community. A mother and her child were standing on the opposite side of the street with shopping bags in their hands. The driver in front of me stopped for them to let them cross and they walked across the road. When they got to the other side of the road, the young boy (who was probably about 6 years of age) spat on the ground. Then, what really shocked me, was that the mother turned around towards the street and gave someone (I didn't see who) the middle finger. right in front of her child.

As I got closer to my house, I drove past two boys (no older than 14) standing next to a car on the side of the road. They were smoking cigars. 

Sometimes I have to lay my head in my hands and cry, 'what is wrong with this world?' The song by Brandon Heath, "Leaving Eden" comes to mind. Because of our sins, we leave the beauty of God's grace behind. I recommend that you listen to this song and reflect on it. How can you make changes to go back towards Eden? 


Thanks for reading and God Bless!

{doGtoGevI}

~Kylie~

No comments:

Post a Comment