Wednesday, August 8, 2012

34. Hey Everyone!

So I know I haven't posted on here in quite a while. I just wanted to give you a bit of an update!

My discernment has been going great; I got the great opportunity to meet with Sr. Mary Electa and talk about vocations, and her order (Franciscan Sisters of The Atonement). Yesterday we took a little day trip down to the motherhouse in Graymoor NY. It was just wonderful to meet some of the sisters and 'tour' the convent and grounds. It's so gorgeous. At one point she was showing me around one of the upper floors of the convent and we went into the little chapel that the infirm use (That floor is for the very elderly sisters). I sat down and began to tear up. I was so at peace with what I was doing and everything around me. I really feel good about this whole discernment thing. Every time I think, "Maybe I should take a break from discernment..." Sr. Mary Electa shows up or something happens to push me back towards discernment. So now I'm just going to roll with it and see where it leads!

On the college search front, I went on visits last week and fell in LOVE with Stonehill in MA and Le Moyne in Syracuse NY (They're tied for 1st), with St. Michael's as a close second. Brandeis was surprisingly impressive, but to be honest and realistic, I don't think I'll get accepted... So it's 3rd. Application time is coming up and essay writing is oh-so-stressful... Pray for me?

Also, in recent news: I have started a YouTube vlog! It's under the same name as this blog, and I probably will update it soon. For all of you who have already watched my videos, THANK YOU and for those of you searching for them on YouTube right now, THANK YOU :)

That's pretty much it for now. I hope that I will update again soon, but no guarantees. Probably best to just watch me on YouTube :)

{doGtoGevI}

God Bless!!

~Kylie

1 comment:

  1. Offer your whole life, as you are right now, to the merciful heart of Jesus. Trust in Him completely. Pray and trust. I am praying for you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete